Friday, March 20, 2009

Exchange my dirty needle?

Apparently I am clueless. I had no idea that I could get free sterile needles to help me with my heroin addiction. This is awesome news to me!

Well, not really... See, I don't do drugs and I never will. However, my father did and he did pretty much everything.

It is an interesting dilemma really. The data shows that the exchange programs have lowered the spread of HIV/AIDS as well as Hepatitis. But, while its doing that why are we enabling drug users with more needles?

While I appreciate and understand the wanting to lower how many people get HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis. I don't think I can agree with them in enabling drug use. I am a strong opponent of drug use and I think we should find other ways of fighting the spread of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis.

These needles should be going to underprivileged families who can't afford the needles for their kids insulin shots. I think that they are a bit more important then watching out for someone who chooses to ruin their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment